Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fresh Start for Summer

Hello Readers!

I finally have had a chance to sit back and relax a bit. Oh, how I've missed the blogging world! Here is what started my summer break:

Boxes. Boxes. And yes, more boxes.

Add a few too many flights of stairs, numerous car trips back and forth down the same exact roads, and some added comic relief by my family members. I am now sporting bruises and slightly-toned muscles on all limbs, thanks to all of the packing, lifting, and organizing.

If that description sounds like a move from a four-bedroom house to a two-bedroom apartment, you've hit the jackpot!

My family decided to take the plunge and put the house for sale earlier this spring. After much prayer, discussion, and research, my parents decided the family would be better suited in a different school district. Little did we realize our house would sell in two weeks and an apartment would be the only reasonable option in which to move.

The relatively quick sell, despite some issues surrounding the location of the house, was definitely an answer to prayers. Nevertheless, we were naturally thrown into a pool of stress and uncertainty upon realizing there were no houses to our liking on the market to purchase! Temporary apartment life, here we come!

Despite the cramped quarters and hours of unpacking, I am pleased to say that my family is making the best of it. We are looking forward to embracing all the fresh start has to offer, while still keeping in touch with old friends from our prior home. I am thankful that God has placed this opportunity to enjoy family time this summer without a house's yard work, cleaning, and other responsibilities. My dad just mentioned today how he thinks this apartment lifestyle might be a blessing for the time being, and so far I think he is right! We are looking forward to less work for the parents, more motivation to get along with each other for the kids, and additional amenities to enjoy together, such as the pool and trails.

I pray that you are also embracing the opportunities God has placed into your life this summer. Please pray for guidance as we determine when to pursue finding a new home.

Best wishes for your summer adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment