Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer Adventures: Cupcakes, Booktalks, and Horse Racing

Hey Readers!

Hope your day was just as exciting as mine. I'd like to think today kicked off what will officially be a summer of adventures!

My best friend and I started fulfilling the items on our bucket list with stop #1 at Gigi's Cupcakes. Take a look at these beauties! So much icing!



On the way, we also began discussing  our summer read, Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I feel so blessed to have this sister in Christ with which to discuss God's amazing love and how to pursue a deeper relationship with Him. I am sure snippets of what I am learning through these booktalks will seep into my writing over the next few weeks.

And as if that is not enough excitement for one day, I have a cool announcement...summer travel plans have been made!

Only God could have arranged for this travel experience to take place. He provided all of the connections, the resources, and the courage to say "yes" to the opportunity. I'm thrilled to see what I learn and do while in the New Jersey/NYC area for a long weekend in August. I will be attending the Clyde Hirt Journalism Workshop, which occurs with the Hambletonian's harness horse racing at the Meadowlands Racetrack. 

A relative who is an editor for a harness racing magazine noticed my interest in writing and made all the connections I need to participate, for free! She has been a huge blessing as my sponsor and I look forward to reporting on the races with her at the Hambletonian. It is crazy to think that my recently begun attempt at blogging could lead to such an amazing opportunity to learn from professional writers and to meet people from different walks of life. The horse racing world is relatively new to me, so I am curious to see what this community of people teaches me. Please pray for God to guide me as I venture through the airport, conduct interviews, and write articles during this experience. I cannot even imagine the doors this experience may open, whether it be through the connections I make or the skills I develop. 

God is so good. I pray that you all have a blessed summer, full of joy in His goodness, mercy, and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment