Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Miracle, A New Week, A Crazy Life

A Miracle.

That's all you can call it! As my Facebook friends and close family are aware, my grandpa needed all the prayers he could get last Friday. First thing that morning, my grandma found him unresponsive and not wearing his oxygen mask. Soon, emergency medical staff learned he had an incredibly low sugar level and were asking for a copy of his living will. 


I'd rather not share all the details of this stressful time, but I do want to thank everyone for their prayers. My grandpa should not have lived when the episode is examined in a logical sense; nevertheless, God trumps all medical and worldly ways and He gave my grandpa another chance at life! Today, Grandpa left the hospital!


A New Week.

I am so thankful for a fresh start this week. Last week, there were several curveballs thrown my family's way. As I was attempting to get recurring anxiety and depression symptoms in check, we found out my dad will be in need of a new job due to outsourcing. Add Grandpa's situation to the mix and you have the definition of stress! 

God truly placed His healing hands on our trials last week. He provided encouragement through thoughtful gestures from several of my friends. He gave my dad the resources needed to start the job hunt. He ultimately saved my grandpa's life. All in all, those trials have become a huge testimony of God's power, strength, and grace.

A Crazy Life.

When I look back on the past few months, it's easy to say I've had a pretty crazy life. Crazy good. God has done so much work in my heart and mind. In a short amount of time, He turned my struggles into an opportunity to rest in His presence. I am grateful for the new friendships and experiences He has provided. I am also looking forward to where He takes me as I finish summer and enter my third year of college!

God has been teaching me the real-life application of the following scripture:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:2-4

I hope to keep this passage in mind as I face future trials. Life can get crazy, but with God by our side it can be crazy good.

No comments:

Post a Comment