Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Saying goodbye to the not-so-sandy days at Seaside

After a beach vacation, the usual reminder of good times comes in the form of specks of sand wedged into the crevices of bags and shoes. 

After working at a place called Seaside, I can't say that I've found any sand. But I certainly have memories! I left my employment in a waterpark gift shop to head back to school for fall. In honor of a request by a co-worker to have an "article written", I decided to write a blog post about my times at Seaside this summer!

So here are my top five summer memories from working at this place:

1) Parking lot tie-dye: Yep, we made tie-dye shirts in the work parking lot. Not something you get to do with most jobs! It was a fun time!

2) IHOP outings: I tried IHOP for the first time, and then for a second time. They were tasty and entertaining nights out with co-workers. I definitely had a side of laughs to go with those pancakes.

3) Laps around the store: We had a lot of rain and cool weather this summer, so my fellow associates and I got quite a bit of exercise. That exercise was walking around the store fixing racks of clothing, sweeping any little piece of debris, and finding all sorts of ways to productively pass the time. And maybe chatting every now and then... :)

4) Bucket hat swag: One awesome perk of working in the waterpark was getting to wear a super-cool bucket hat. Maybe super-cool is an exaggeration, but nevertheless, it was a fun addition to a simple uniform!

5) Finding a boyfriend: Just kidding! Had to throw that in the list because a silly co-worker was bound and determined to set me up with a random park guest. It would have been dreadfully awkward, but the thought of it sure was funny!

Thanks to my co-workers for a great summer job experience. Best wishes for all of your futures!


No comments:

Post a Comment