Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Between a Thought and a Hard Place

God sure knows how to push our buttons. He never said following Him would be comfortable, but good golly does it push me past my comfort zone at times!

I know God is my rock, which I guess puts me "between a rock and a hard place." The scenario I experienced last night, however, more accurately put me "between a thought and a hard place." 

I literally could not fall asleep. Although I had been through a long day of some difficult RA and friend scenarios, my body randomly decided midnight was the perfect time for an energy burst. Oh great...

Then it got better (or worse, depending which way you spin it). As I was laying in bed, I started getting all antsy inside for no good reason. A thought popped in my head to reach out to someone, regarding Jesus, with whom I really did not know all that well. 

I do not do well with random social interaction and middle-of-the-night calls to spread the word of Jesus. It is not comfortable for someone like me, who is slightly introverted and still not totally sure about how to have random conversations about Jesus with people besides close friends. 

My thoughts were going crazy with ideas like "this is just my mind wandering", "I really don't know what to say", "I'm going to seem like such a creep", and so on.

Then God, as He always does, answered my prayers for clarity. He sure is good at that! He made it almost mindless for me to know what to say, the hardest part was just having the courage to type it and send it. Literally every concern I had, He had an answer that pushed me closer and closer to sending the message. 

So I did. 

As soon as I hit the send button, it was like a wave of peace came over my previously anxious and on-edge body. Can't say I've had anything that drastic happen spiritually before, but it sure was amazing! 

God is truly remarkable with how He can guide us to follow His will. Thoughts can become actions and I've quickly learned from this unusual experience that when God places a thought in our head, it is a good idea to take action with it! Whether it helps someone, pushes you into deeper relationship with Him, or simply teaches how to listen to His guidance, it is totally worth the awkward, anxious feelings it might bring in the process. 

God is the best reason to break social norms, so the next time you are stuck "between a thought and a hard place", know that God is placing you in that situation for a reason. You might not know why; what matters is that you trust in His guidance.

And with that, goodnight blog world!



No comments:

Post a Comment