Monday, March 31, 2014

Click Here

Haha, gotcha!

Unlike all of the "click here" advertisements all over the internet, this "click here" does not get you instantly scammed, a free cruise or a romantic match made in heaven.

When Christ calls us to follow Him, though, it is kind of like a "click here". You never know exactly what you are going to experience! 

Faith is centered around the idea that we do not know what Jesus is going to do in our life and we do not know all of the answers. All we know is that He cares for us and will not let us down.

I was reading Psalm 13 last night and the scripture really resonated with this idea that faith can be tested, but that God holds true to His promises. Check it out:

"'How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." 
-Psalm 13

Whew, I don't know about you, but I sure have felt that way sometimes! God does not always make His plans clear and sometimes we may feel distant. Following Christ is not promised to be easy, but no matter how distant or confused we feel at a moment in time, faith tells us to trust in His unfailing love. 

Trust in Christ's love for you and take the plunge; click into His path and follow His ways and He will care for you! Many times, His plans will surpass anything you could have even imagined for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment