Sunday, March 16, 2014

Say "Hi" to Si!

Meet my new roomie, Simon! He goes by "Si" for short (yes, this is a Duck Dynasty reference because Si is old, wise, and funny). He is a beautiful little betta fish, but I'd like to share him with you all as being my fun new therapy fish! 



As you may have read in some of my earlier posts, I've had some outbursts of anger out of disappointment and frustration over the past few weeks. Before that "rock bottom" hit, I was also dealing with anxiety and worry overtaking my life-- probably a problem more people have than they'd like to admit! Worry, anger, and frustration are not fun and are not what God intended for us so it has been my goal to eliminate those feelings as much as possible.

Even though those were really negative parts of my year, have no fear, I'm doing a lot better now! Nevertheless, I know it is going to take a lot of effort to keep using my energy in positive ways and Simon the therapy fish is going to be my reminder to keep my cool. 

I'm not normally a fish person, as many of my family members and friends know. Germs = gross, cleaning fish tanks = nasty, and pet maintenance = no fun. Little Simon, however, could not be passed up when the idea to get a fish popped in my head. Not only is a pet the perfect listener of this world, but Simon the fish is a nice peaceful shade of blue and a betta is a strong, hardy fish that can withstand a lot of trial and tribulation! Those are some traits I want in my life and having him on my desk just might be the reminder I need sometimes!

So from here forward, if I'm in a cranky, unholy, and just plain bitter mood, you are perfectly welcome to send me to have a "sit down and stare at Simon" session.

I hope and pray that when I have my "sit down and stare at Simon" moments, those are times that I realize I truly need to "sit down and chat with God". Because while Simon is a nice little fish and a great listener, the most perfect listener is Jesus!

Stay tuned for more Simon appearances (maybe the sit down and stare sessions will lead me to some new insight!), but more importantly, stay tuned for God to show you some nontraditional ways to connect with Him in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment