Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sharing Weakness to Show His Strength

Why a blog? Well, this blog is basically a result of a screwed up perspective on what it means to be a "good Christian girl". All my life, I have sought perfection. Say good things. Get good grades. Make good choices. And when those things aren't so "good", beat myself up and hang onto the feelings of disappointment and worry. 

Thanks be to God, through a really messed up perspective on life and some time led astray, I've been reminded recently of how good He is and how He asks us to boast in our weaknesses. That's right, BOAST! An old friend had noticed my feelings of hurt, disappointment, and worry about myself and sent me the following verse:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
-2 Corinthians 12:9

So from here forward, I'm taking advantage of Christ's offer for a fresh start. His grace is all forgiving and there is no need to live with shame, guilt or condemnation for not being "good" in all moments of life. It's not physically possible and does nothing to forward His kingdom.

I hope and pray that by sharing some of my experiences, especially those reflecting weakness, I can show you the strength Christ offers to all of us. Trust in Him and realize He is continually seeking a relationship with YOU, no matter how messed up or off-track your life has become.



No comments:

Post a Comment