Monday, March 3, 2014

I've got MORE than a "Pocket Full of Sunshine"

I had not intended to make more than one post a day, but a friend from high school made today extra special in a way that is worthy of a second post! 

Some of you might remember the catchy song "Pocket Full of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield. It was very popular during my childhood and came to mind as I brainstormed for this post. 

A pocket full of sunshine would make any day seem nice, especially considering how cold and dreary the weather has been lately. Moments of life that seem utterly dull and depressing could certainly use some brightness. 

Nevertheless, upon opening this care package I realized God wants to give us MORE than just a pocket full of sunshine. Not just moments, brief glimpses or peeks from beneath clouds. Every moment of our life, God seeks to make His words of encouragement available to us through the Bible, fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ, and blessings from others. He is always with us and working our lives for good, no matter how troubled life may seem.

The inspiration for this post was a care package from a friend from high school. She wanted to shower me with encouragement and remind me how special I am in God's eyes. She did so with an entire BOX full of sunshine!





What a blessing! But that blessing would not be done right if I did not take advantage of the opportunity to share encouragement with those around me as well. The opportunity I think God has laid in front of me is to spread His words to bring sunshine to others, just as my sister in Christ did for me. 

Here is a list of some refreshing verses that were included in my box of sunshine. I pray that they will make you feel cared for by Christ and special in His eyes, just as they did for me!

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." -Psalm 55:22

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."   -Revelation 21:4

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." -Psalm 91:4

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in Him." -1 John 4:16

"I will make an everlasting covenant with them; I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me." -Jeremiah 32:40




No comments:

Post a Comment